Launcher Error?!?

Ebear

Hey! I'm trying to launch Tekkit for a LP on YouTube, but it runs the launcher, and then I see the Tekkit game box all white, and about 3 seconds later, the whole thing disappears, not seen again. If someone could clue me in as far as why this is happening, it'd be great.

Tekkit Lite and Tekkit don't work. Voltz does, however.

I'm running Mac (not that this makes a difference).

Thanks!

the fact that you are running on mac does make a difference and you need to do this: first: make a folder on your desktop named Tekkit (it has to be capital) then write this code in your terminal and hit entercd ~/Desktop/Tekkit/

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home

java -jar TechnicLauncher.jar

if you installed the launcher multiple times the launcher will say TechnicLauncher-2 etc. if so you have to edit the code so the file name on the last line matches whats in your folder.

the fact that you are running on mac does make a difference and you need to do this: first: make a folder on your desktop named Tekkit (it has to be capital) then write this code in your terminal and hit entercd ~/Desktop/Tekkit/

if you installed the launcher multiple times the launcher will say TechnicLauncher-2 etc. if so you have to edit the code so the file name on the last line matches whats in your folder.

I'm not even going to ask how you know this. I did that, it works *Jaw Dropped*. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

So, I tried doing this, but on the end it says that it is unable to access the jar file... Help?

I have a mac and I'm having the same problem. I made the Tekkit Folder but I don't understand what you mean by "go to your terminal". Im sorry I'm not very good with computers but if you could explain to me how to fix it that would be great. Please help. Thanks

Ok I went through everything (on a mac) and through the whole thing with Terminal, but at the very end it says like could not access TechnicLauncher.jar, I tried changing the name/redownloading and it still won't work. I can open up the log in screen but if I click on a map it always opens and goes white and then quits