Server crashes become more frequent for most, if not all Hexxit Servers.

hammersley

Ever since about 3-5 days ago i have noticed that any Hexxit Server i log on to (including my own) have had frequent and random crashes. now i know one problem has been that Java recently had been updated and not many people knew. But i also noticed seemed as if the crashes started since mods in the modpack started going out of date. Now could that be a probable cause for the crashes or just a coincidence. Also when do you think we could see a hexxit modpack update?

So your implying that mods have an expiration date? The older they get the more likely to cause problems?

Your issue is inflation. Your server is keeping track of more things then when it started while the actual resources the server has access to don't rise in proportion. So try giving it more ram. Edit the launch.bat file and change xmx3G or whatever to something higher.

So your implying that mods have an expiration date? The older they get the more likely to cause problems?

Your issue is inflation. Your server is keeping track of more things then when it started while the actual resources the server has access to don't rise in proportion. So try giving it more ram. Edit the launch.bat file and change xmx3G or whatever to something higher.

It was just a guess, not a accusation. ive changed the ram around and the server still had its ups and downs. I run it on a VPS so ram is not an issue what so ever. And for some reason i took out betterstorage on my server and now it NEVER crashes, no lag spikes :P And since were on the topic of Mods and such. I use MCPC+ and whenever i start mt server it gives a bunch of errors about forgemodloader.