Setting up a Linux based Hexxit Server

jbrown5217

Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new here on the forums and I am sorry to be posting about this, but I haven't been able to find any answers.

I am looking to setup a small Linux based Hexxit Server. This will be for roughly 5 people, but only around three people will access it at once.

What I wish to do is run a non-gui based server (like Ubuntu Server). This is mainly because it isn't a super powerful computer and I want less overhead so that it can be dedicated to running everything.

If that isn't possible can I run the server files in a linux distro (it would be a gui based in this case)?

Any help is much appreciated and I can't wait to start browsing the forum more.

yes it is possible to run in a linux distro, as a jar is generally just as usable in linux as in any other os as it is simply dependant upon java.

ubuntu server is fairly easy to set up once you get going, and headless is done fairly simply over ssh

now as far as running it without a gui, you have a few choices, you can utilize screen to maintain the sessions and just add the nogui to the script that starts it

option two, look into mark2 as it works well on ubuntu and can make managing the server much more easy depending on your level of knowledge with ubuntu