Upside Down Screen Upon Game Start

Wulfbane42

Question

Launcher Version: 290

Operating System: OSX 10.6.8

Java Version: 1.6.0_51-b11-457

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

When I select a modpack and it starts, the title of the page is simply 'Minecraft' instead of the modpack. When it actually comes up to the main menu, the whole screen is upside down and the letters are backwards. I did notice something about the buttons, I click where they should be and they work like normal. Help please, its really annoying!

Error Messages:

Error Log:

19 answers to this question

This just started happening to me today too. I need to click where the buttons usually are, but the screen is inverted. The letters are still correctly written from left to right, except that they are upside down. Yesterday I played the voltz pack just fine.

For some reason, when I first started up the voltz pack today, it seemed to re-download something, although I already had the newest update. The entire game is upside down, not just the startup screen. I don't think I can get used to it, although it is a little fun at first :)

Temporary fix that worked for me: Go into full screen mode with fn+F11.

FN-F11 will hide the window on some macs instead of going to fullscreen mode (depends on keybindings), but if you go to on the main menu or the game menu and click

Options -> Video Settings -> Fullscreen Mode

and toggle it to ON it should work.

Im running OSX 10.8.5

Minecraft 1.6.4

and my modpacks are upside down as well when I launch the technic launcher. it works for my friends who have windows but idk why its upside down and backwards on my Mac. hopefully someone finds a fix soon.I wanna play Galactic Craft :)

FN-F11 will hide the window on some macs instead of going to fullscreen mode (depends on keybindings), but if you go to on the main menu or the game menu and click

Options -> Video Settings -> Fullscreen Mode

and toggle it to ON it should work.

Thanks for this, it is a good work around. But I wish someone could indentify the problem and come up with a fix