RAM keeps being filled up when left alone

Skyzhema

Question

Launcher Version: Latest

Operating System: Win 7

Java Version: 7, but own 6 as well (Shimeji still requires 6 to run.)

Antivirus Program: Avast! Antivirus

Description of Problem:

The title sucks, and I apologize.

When I leave Technic alone to, say, go to the bathroom, I keep finding my RAM being eaten up immensely while the game is standing still. The game is paused, nothing but the launcher and [pick a pack] are running but antivirus. I know it's not my antivirus doing this.

I go use the bathroom, and before I go I check my RAM and CPU usage out of habit. I usually note between 40 and 70% CPU usage for most packs, and between 60 and 90% for GabaTron's Farming Pack. My laptop doesn't like GT's FP, but I usually combat this by switching packs to another for half an hour after each hour of play. Standard RAM usage is between 1.40 and 2 GB, or 1.60 and 2.30 BG for GT's FP.

I have 4 GB RAM, but because my laptop has no onboard video memory and I run a 64-bit OS, only 2.84 GB of that is usable.

Yet, when I come back, I've found the computer consistently running hot-at 2.7+GB of RAM, no matter the pack. The memory usage just keeps going up, and it doesn't stop until the machine crawls to a stop and sometimes until it crashes.

This started yesterday.

It's when the program is sitting still, and it's java and mc. I've been unable to figure out why...

Error Messages:

Error Log:

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet