help!!! extreme lag issues

Dr_fuzzymuffin

Question

Launcher Version: 293

Operating System: windows 7 64bit

Java Version: latest 64bit

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

before the new launcher build came our (build 293) i got 50+ fps on all the modpacks. now after build 293 downloaded i get between 3-15 fps on all the packs and thats even if i can get the packs to load. ive cleaned my computer twice and re-downloaded the launcher multiple times but nothing seems to fix the lag issue. also some packs crash on startup. and i get a missing file error

Error Messages:

Error Log:

5 answers to this question

I'm also having a very similar issue with the lag and password resetting; I believe the lag may relate to running 1.5.x on the 1.6.x launcher, as something similar happened when I did so in the past when I did so. One fix that might work is going fullscreen, as for whatever reason that ceased any lag on my machine, although we could be lagging for another reason. Our best bet, sadly, would be waiting for all of the mod packs to update to 1.6.x properly. If it still lags, I have no idea what could possibly be going on. :|

(I'm using the newest launcher also, with Mac OSX Lion and the most recent 1.6 and 1.7 versions of Java, as I had to use 1.6 to run any technic mod packs for whatever reason. >_>)