Big problem with new dev build

The_DarthMoogle

Question

Launcher/pack Version: 0.5.4.9

Operating System: Windows 7 64bit

Version of Java: Version 6_31

Description of Problem:

Just saw the new dev build and decided to try it out. After downloading finished, 'Tekkit' opened up.

It actually opened up my regular minecraft, including old configs, saves and server list.

I will delete my regular minecraft in a few hours if there are no posts and try again.

EDIT : Found what's up, see latest post. Ciao.

9 answers to this question

Mine has done this too including texturepacks, I don't belive it is a misstake i think they are trying to store all of that information in 1 place deliberatly, just to make it easier for simple people to add texturepacks or edit configs that they cannot find in the .tekkit directory.

Guest fondelaar

more ppl have this lately. imma try somthing. ill tell you if it works

edit:

i pasted my tekkit folder into my .minecraft. didnt work.....

i pasted my tekkit folder into my .minecraft. didnt work.....

And how on earth would that help at all?

I'm going to delete my regular minecraft entirely. The launcher downloaded everything, I just wanna find out why they aren't being used.

EDIT : My regular minecraft is full of voxel box stuff? Got banned from there months ago and deleted everything thereafter. Created new world, no miminap or flymod working. Bug No.1 found.

EDIT 2 : Downloaded devbuild three times now, white screen at each attempt. No logs given. Launcher screen stayed put, too.

EDIT 3 : Tekkit build finally got to main menu. Started new world. No mods. No nuffin. Went to appdata and found new .minecraft folder with new world data inside. No voxelbox stuff. My mistake.

Bing!

Found the problem, all the class files have been dumped outside the minecraft jar in the tekkit folder, so the client is not able to run it. Therefore the launcher picked up a new set of vanilla stuff from minecraft.net, which explains the new folder.

No doubt the technic team were working on this well before I found it, so it's just a case of waiting patiently and appreciatively.

And how on earth would that help at all?

I'm going to delete my regular minecraft entirely. The launcher downloaded everything, I just wanna find out why they aren't being used.

EDIT 2 : Downloaded devbuild three times now, white screen at each attempt. No logs given. Launcher screen stayed put, too.

this