version.json modified

Ar7ific1al

I'm new to making Technic modpacks, but I've managed to figure it out mostly on my own. I've added several mods to my pack, and all is working well, except one mod.

I'm working on getting MAtmos installed with the modpack. I had it working fine until I pushed the new version.json into the modpack and let the launcher redownload the pack.

Here's what's happening.

MAtmos requires two libraries to function: PracticalXML and KDGCommons. I've added the following to version.json above the liteloader library definition:

{
      "name": "net.sf.practicalxml:practicalxml:1.1.13",
      "url": "http://vps.taco-land.net/practicalxml-1.1.13.jar"
    },
    {
      "name": "net.sf.kdgcommons:kdgcommons:1.0.5",
      "url": "http://vps.taco-land.net/kdgcommons-1.0.5.jar"
    },

This works just fine if I manually add it to version.json then launch the modpack. However, these lines are removed from version.json if I throw the version.json in the bin folder of the modpack and install the modpack. The version.json file is set to read only, so it shouldn't be changing the file at all, but it is. It's removing those libraries from version.json, causing MAtmos to not load.

With these lines being removed, nobody can use the modpack and have MAtmos functioning as it should.

Some help with version.json being overwritten would be nice. :)

Please note there are other liteloader mods, and they're loading fine. I had to add liteloader to the version.json myself, and that change is perfectly fine. The KDGCommons and PracticalXML libraries are being removed from version.json.

There's an acronym called PEBKAC: Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. It means operator error or user error.

I solved the problem myself. There was a tiny oversight. I was forgetting that version.json belongs in modpack.jar, not just in the bin folder. lol Silly mistakes plague my life.

• 5 months later...