Technic Launcher Won't Start

DragonAltair

Question

Launcher/Pack Version: 1.0.1.3. though if i right click it and go to properties it says file version 1.0.1.0.

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-bit.

Version of Java: jre7u4 64-bit. I have both Java 6 & 7 installed but have set java 7 in the environment variables.

Anti-Virus program: Avast! free antivirus

Description of Problem: I try to run the technic launcher and it will say downloading launcher (When the .techniclauncher folder is deleted to try to see if it just messed up the download.) and it says done though the bar is only at half way (don't think that's too relevant). Then it tries to start and I get the little circle that says loading. When that disappears the logo pops up but it then gets stuck or freezes on that. It will not close unless I restart my computer or go into task manager and end the java.exe process. It was working previously when I was on jre7u3 untill I deleted the .techniclauncher folder. I deleted the folder when I couldn't connect to the authentication servers because I was thinking that if I re-downloaded everything it might work(this was previous to the post saying the authentication servers were down). Now it hasn't worked since. I have tried re-downloading and installing Java 7 which is why it is now jre7u4. I have also tried running the JAR version of the launcher by double clicking it and using a batch file. none have worked. I have read through the common problems lists and the anti-virus list (Avast! is not on the list so yay!) I have also created an exception in my Avast! to tell it to not scan the file so it would not try to block it as well as making the launcher to run as administrator whenever I run it. Still nothing has worked. I am assuming this is a Java error as most errors like this are for the launcher but I have tried everything I have seen or heard of while browsing the topics on this forum to try and fix this but nothing has worked. I would really like some help so I can play these mods again as I don't want to try to manually mod my minecraft and try to get everything compatible which I know I can't. Thank you for to anyone who answers this with some helpful information.

Error Message: N/A

Pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/nSZKAsUi

I've been having this problem as well. and have been following this and several other forums to look for a solution. I tried uninstalling java and reinstalling using the one on the technicpack.net. I completely deleted .techniclauncher and the exe, then redownloaded. I deleted .minecraft and reinstalled (though encountered null errors...), and finnally completely turned off my Norton AV software and ran it.

Feel free to look at the logs it gave me:

[19:22:40] [sEVERE] ------------------------------------------

[19:22:40] [sEVERE] Launcher is starting....

[19:22:40] [sEVERE] Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[19:22:40] [sEVERE] Allocated 910.25 Mb of RAM

[19:22:40] [sEVERE] Java VM: '1.7.0_04-b22'

[19:22:40] [sEVERE] OS Version: '6.1'

[19:22:40] [sEVERE] Is 64-bit: 'true'

[19:22:41] [sEVERE] [info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'https://raw.github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/master/mirrors.yml'.

[19:22:41] [sEVERE] Exception in thread "main"

[19:22:41] [sEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException

[19:22:41] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186)

[19:22:41] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

[19:22:41] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[19:22:41] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

[22:10:07] [sEVERE] ------------------------------------------

[22:10:07] [sEVERE] Launcher is starting....

[22:10:07] [sEVERE] Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[22:10:07] [sEVERE] Allocated 910.25 Mb of RAM

[22:10:07] [sEVERE] Java VM: '1.7.0_04-b22'

[22:10:07] [sEVERE] OS Version: '6.1'

[22:10:07] [sEVERE] Is 64-bit: 'true'

[22:10:13] [sEVERE] [info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'https://raw.github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/master/mirrors.yml'.

[22:10:13] [sEVERE] Exception in thread "main"

[22:10:13] [sEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException

[22:10:13] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186)

[22:10:13] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

[22:10:13] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[22:10:13] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

[22:10:57] [sEVERE] ------------------------------------------

[22:10:57] [sEVERE] Launcher is starting....

[22:10:57] [sEVERE] Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[22:10:57] [sEVERE] Allocated 910.25 Mb of RAM

[22:10:57] [sEVERE] Java VM: '1.7.0_04-b22'

[22:10:57] [sEVERE] OS Version: '6.1'

[22:10:57] [sEVERE] Is 64-bit: 'true'

[22:10:58] [sEVERE] [info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'https://raw.github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/master/mirrors.yml'.

[22:10:58] [sEVERE] Exception in thread "main"

[22:10:58] [sEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException

[22:10:58] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186)

[22:10:58] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

[22:10:58] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[22:10:58] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

I am actually having the same problem as well...

so with me i have to use the .jar file in order to even get to the main mod menus, after selecting the mod it starts to download and freezes usually after a couple of seconds, now i have tried disabling AVG, installing java (64bit, 32, or both) and still nothing same result.

deleting the files in %appdata% doesnt help, clearing the cache does nothing for me either, all my drivers are up to date including java.

is there anything else i can do to make this work? manual instal of the mods or a different launcher version? i am running out of ideas and forum/google searches

anything at all will be a welcomed help