Side-By-Side Regular/Dev Installation

jakj

Question

4 answers to this question

As far as I know you can't do this in the launcher. So far I think the only way to run multiple installations would be to download the version, find and follow the post here on merging the modpack.jar into minecraft.jar and using something like the minecraft profile manager. There might be a way of doing some form of workaround that I can't think of but so far all I can think is that the game is made to be launched via the launcher and the launcher can only support one version of any of the 3 options.

Sounds like the most expedient solution at the moment is to simply have two .techniclauncher folders and rename them as appropriate for which one is desired at the time, same way you could easily have an old MC version for SMP and an up-to-date one for SSP.

Gods, I hate Windows even more for the fact that it would take me literally 30 seconds to write a shell script to switch them at the click of a button but here it's easier just to do it by hand. Oh well.

Gods, I hate Windows even more for the fact that it would take me literally 30 seconds to write a shell script to switch them at the click of a button but here it's easier just to do it by hand. Oh well.

You can get some shell script like function on windows using .bat files coded in BATCH, It relies mostly on old dos commands but will kinda give you back that terminal feeling, though quite crippled from what I understand.