TechnicLauncher.exe will not run

Burnout935

Question

Launcher Version: Unknown (Downloaded 8/20/12)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Java Version: Java 7 Update 5 (64-bit)

Antivirus Program: McAfee

Description of Problem:

After downloading the technic pack launcher i saved it to desktop and ran it. A window first popped up that downloaded the technic-launcher.jar file. After this, the program quit. I ran the launcher a second time and a window popped up for a moment that read "Checking Launcher Version...". Since then i have not been able to run the launcher and the "Checking Launcher Version..." keeps flashing up once per attempted launch. I have tried launching it with the "Right Click>open with...>Java SE Bianary" with the same result.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

8 answers to this question

I disabled McAfee by both turning off firewall, and ending all processes having to do with McAfee in task manager. I deleted the ".techinclauncher" folder also beforehand to ensure there was no corruption. I redownloaded the launcher, ran it, and got the identical result. I also noticed that when I run the launcher, the process "TechnicLauncher.exe" shows up for no more then a second in the process list in task manager. I assume that something is terminating the program before it has a chance to fully start.

Currently I do not know how to execute a .jar file through the command prompt, but I'm willing to give it a try.