I just downloaded the launcher and it will not work.

Angels2demons0

Could someone give me tips on how to make this work? I was really excited about the new launcher! But for the past hour and a half I haven't been able to play any of the games or download feed the beast (which i was quite looking forward to). Do I need to do something special like download the packs again even though I have the first launcher and the packs?At first I thought this was an update to the first technic, but It downloaded in a completely different file and stuff :/

~Thank you for your support; Angels<3

I'm going to answer your question before I lock this thread, because I am having a Mr. T moment. here are some tips for getting it working:

1) actually run the launcher. this is very important and it won't work if you don't execute the program. this step is key.

2) click on a pack you enjoy. this is also very important and you must do this if you want to play anything through the launcher.

2a) if you don't like any of the packs listed, feel free to browse the technic platform site for a pack that is to your liking, maybe feed the beast is up on there who knows?

3) type in your login details and click "launch". if you went to step 2a, do step 3a before this one.

3a) if you used the platform, click "add modpack" and paste the platform URL here. click add and then follow step 3.

4) congrats, you are playing modded minecraft through the technic launcher

~thank you for ignoring our rules; why is there a semicolon there?<3