How to disable tekkit lite server mods?

Lewke

I recently created a tekkit lite server. Everything has been going well, except I noticed it was extremely laggy. I decided to reduce this lag by removing some mods I don't want. I tried removing the correct files for each mod from both the config and mods files. This just caused my server to crash when I restarted it with an error message saying that mods were missing. I tried looking for the "modloader.cfg" file but it was not anywhere to be seen in my server folder. I could really use some help. Thank you.

Have you deleted the mods from the server or the client?

You need to delete the same files from the server too, go into the folder where your server is hosted, then into the mods folder and delete any mods you don't want on the server from there. If that makes sense.

That's what I've been doing. I tried taking some mods from my server mods folder and it worked without crashing but it re-generated the files when I restarted the server. Any advice? Nevermind. I think it might be working now. I'll tell you if anything changes. Thanks for your help. :)

Ok it works when deleting SOME mods but others make the server crash. For example, I tried deleting Computercraft, but it made the server crash. Do I just have to keep ones like that or is there any way of deleting them?