Zachary2897

Members
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Zachary2897

  • Rank
    Member

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    https://zachary2897.com

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Minecraft In-Game Name
    Zachary2897

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I've tested your skin and it seems to be working fine with the fix installed.
  2. Sorry for the late reply. The new skin format (including extra layers, slim skins, etc.) is only supported on Minecraft 1.8+, so skins using this format will look broken in earlier versions. This obviously affects Tekkit Classic, as well as the later 1.7.x versions which still have working skins. Unfortunately, fixing this would involve re-coding the player model itself. My fix only changes the database that Minecraft pulls skins from, not how the skins actually work.
  3. About a month ago, Mojang discontinued all of the legacy skin APIs. Until 1.3.1 Minecraft retrieved skins from an s3.amazonaws.com/MinecraftSkins/, however this database has not been updated since April 2014. Because of this, skins would no longer update in any version prior to 1.3.1, although they would still technically work if you had an older account. Versions 1.3.1 through 1.7.5 used skins.minecraft.net instead, so a number of patches came out to make older Minecraft versions retrieve skins from skins.minecraft.net. Unfortunately, in February, Mojang discontinued all Skin APIs except the current UUID-based one, and deleted both of these older databases. This newer API is not really usable with older Minecraft versions, because it would require backporting the 1.7.x+ UUID system. To solve this problem, I have made a fix for Tekkit Classic which tells Minecraft to retrieve skins from an API called Minotar, which still uses usernames to designate players. You can download my fix here! Edit: The change from s3.amazonaws.com to skins.minecraft.net occured in Minecraft 1.3.1, not in Minecraft 1.3. Likewise, the change from skins.minecraft.net to the modern UUID-based skin system occured in Minecraft 1.7.6, not Minecraft 1.7.8. Also, bear in mind that this fix only works for skins, not capes, as the latter were downloaded from a different database (s3.amazonaws.com/MinecraftCloaks/) which was deleted in April 2018, a month after this fix was originally posted.