Now in Alpha v0.3.8!
Hey there !
Welcome to Test Your Mettle ! This is a map that was created in Tekkit 3.1.2 (Currently a Devbuild) by my brother (Drperry), my girlfriend (Peji02) and I; we love this map so hopefully you guys will too !
We made it in Tekkit because I feel it makes this sort of genre more interesting and I love Tekkit to bits (no advertisement whatsoever, I just love it)
This is supposed to be a multi-player map, but if you can win it on your own I'd be impressed.
This is a monster-mash, an all-out brawl so be prepared to die but gain that sweet success at the very end!
Test Your Mettle ! is a map all about defeating hordes of enemies with your friends, finding secret loot, collecting treasure and of course soaking in your foe's inevitable death. Coupled with a unique class system and wonderfully crafted scenery, hopefully you'll just wanna keep playing !
There will be 3 main "Acts", however map is in a very alpha stage, with only one act finished with 3 areas to mash things in:
(Please note I am using the SphaxBDcraft texturepack, I recommend it as it makes things look pretty)
The starter zone - The Arachnid Den:
The sandwich filler - The Walkway:
The end zone with boss - The Wizard's Tower:
The brawl includes:
- Tons of mobs to kill
- A unique class system (with 9 classes so far)
- Lots of Tekkit wizardry to keep things interesting
- LOOT (Need I say more?)
- Don't break any blocks except cobwebs
- Don't take items your class cannot use (the items you get at the start are the only type you can get afterwards, i.e if you don't start with a sword, don't pick one up and use it)
- Don't EVER take from another class type chest, the class types are noted at the start (Melee, ranged, magic/other)
- For a more authentic experience, turn off Rei's minimap !
- Have fun and make sure to note any irregularities for me, you guys are my testers !
Please bear in mind this map is to be played in TEKKIT, and nothing else.
Leave any and all criticisms or let me know if you enjoyed it etc, it's greatly appreciated. This was put here this early in development for testers really so play it to your hearts content !
If anything doesn't work give me a shout (Very likely)