Random Tekkit Crashing

PirateEggs

Question

Title: Random Tekkit Crashing

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: 1.7.0_04-b22

Description of Problem:

Playing Technic / Tekkit and my game closes, I get no warning, no freezing. It simply crashes and my game closes.

Not sure if you need anymore of my log, if you do, I shall post more.

Basically that is what shows up at the bottom of my log(s) when my game closes. There is never any consistency in the crashing, just happens randomly, I will be playing for a few hours.

Error Messages:

N/A

Error Log:

http://pastebin.com/u4iU9Ezf

8 answers to this question

Does this occur in singleplayer? I had a problem (similar) where my tekkit wouldnt work in multiplayer nor singleplayer just make it into vannilla minecraft. Try deleting you .minecraft folder itself but leaving the .technic folder and restarting the launcher. DO NOT RESTART (regular minecraft launcher) this will bring your .minecraf tfolder back and possibly make it happen just a suggestion. Also clear the cache and use more GB if you are not using the max amount.

@Torezo

Here's the full log: http://pastebin.com/Xyd62H68

It says in there, "Allocated 3640.9375 Mb of RAM", I told the launcher to use 8GB.

How would I reinstall without losing my settings? I don't want to have to reconfigure Optifine nor my control mappings.

@flynard

It happens in both single player (Technic) and multiplayer (Tekkit). I mostly play Tekkit SMP though.

I think the launcher RAM settings are for maximums, so it'll start with half that and ramp up to 8GB if it needs to. That...seems like a lot, I hope you have 16GB or so if you're dedicating 8 to the launcher. That TileEntityData packet error has been associated with EU or other power generation loops in my experience. Do you have machines hooked up in an odd way, particularly a power storage device (batbox, MFE, MFSU) that might connect to itself?

I hope you have 16GB or so if you're dedicating 8 to the launcher.

Yes, I have 16GB of RAM, I was giving it 8GB out of a bit of an annoyance or 'rage' on my behalf, my Tekkit ran out memory a couple times, so I got annoyed at threw 8GB at it and challenged it to run out of memory again. lol

~4GB is enough, I was just curious as to why it was only using ~4GB when I told it to use 8GB.

Yes, the chance of having incorrect, or bad wiring is quite high, I am pretty new to these items and I am still learning how to use it all.

No one elses game is crashing, and there isn't any reason for mine to be. How would I check my java crash logs to see if it's Java?

@PirateEggs

I am having a similar problem. My game just randomly closes when im playing on a server. It doesnt happen when i play single, so it might just be something weird. I just had a crash While playing tekkit in single player.

@Torezu

what do you mean by machines hooked up in a weird way. There is a power setup that I normally use. Im wondering if that is causing it.