Looking for some custom modpack help...

Lethality

I am looking for any input I can get on making a smaller tekkit pack. I do not need or want all the mods that are in the big tekkit pack, such as the portals and a few others. All I want is to be able to build my machines, use automation, and send my nephew to the moon  :q:

I have never built my own pack like this, and I am sure there are other mods that could and probably should be included to make all this work, but basically I want to strip down tekkit and have WAY less than 109 mods running. My computer does not seem to like it, and I can only imagine its my video card thats getting angry as it is rather out of date. 

I am leaning to the masterful wisdom of the masses here to get the help I need with this modpack. Here is a basic list of what I have figured I want included thus far. If there are dependencies or childmods that need to be or should be included, it would be handy to know. Also, please tell me what you think  of this crazy plan of mine and if there are ways I can do this better. Perhaps there is already a dumbed down version of tekkit which would suit my needs, but the basics are that I have to be able to go to the moon (I REALLY want to launch my nephew into orbit), I want to be able to automate stuff, and I want to be able to build  quarries and stuff.

Any help or input would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.