only 247 MB allocated to minecraft

calsop1

Question

intel core 2 duo E8200 @ 2.66GHZ

4GB ram and 32 bit op ( i know i don't get the full 4 )

HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

launcher 1.0.1.3

using recommended yogbox builds.

launcher log http://pastebin.com/ePU7L6eH seems to have quite a lot in it, the time to look from is 21:44:24 , line number 974 says allocated ram 247.5MB

using the options on the launcher i have tried to increase the memory used from 1Gb to 1.5Gb due to the game having lag spikes. and when i launch it pressing F3 tells me i only have 247mb allocated which then gives the out of memory error. on the 1Gb setting i get just under a Gig of memory allocated, so how can i give the launcher the more ram to play with ?

i have seen in a few other threads people saying it was solved on the old forum but since the move i havnt been able to access any of the old threads.

thanks!

12 answers to this question

I dont know if i have to do new topic but i have same problem. Minecraft just wont allocate 1,5 gigs

Computer info:

Processor: Intel® Core i5-2450 CPU @2.50GHz

RAM: 6GB (Usable 3,16 GB)

System : 32-bit

Video: nVidia GeForce GT 525M 1GB

Launcher: 1.0.1.3

Also I dunno if it is important, but when i choose 1,5 gigs, then launcher closes, but when i choose 1 gig then it restarts automatically

well i still cant allocate any more than 512mb , both the 1gig and 1.5 gig settings result in 247 mb, 512 is just about playable , but ive bought a new laptop which arrives in under a week, it is 64 bit so i'll find out if it is the java version or not.

Also have this problem with the bonus of having it on anything other than the 500 i have to load the jar twice, once it comes up and closes then next time works fine. Also after about 10 minutes or so the block textures mess up and go black/green/red and flicker