IC Power failure bug

vineheart01

Question

Title: IC Power failure bug

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: Java 7 Update 5 (64bit)

Description of Problem:

Its weird. I have 3 Rotary Macerators, 2 Extractors, 3 Compactors, 4 Induction Furnaces, 2 Recyclers, and 1 Mass Fabricator all being powered from 8 MFE's and 1 MFSU (linked in parallel and, with the exception of the MassFab, all powered from the same line)

Lately i have been having the power randomly act like a wire was broken or my power ran dry. All wires were connected, and i still had thousands of EU stored up, yet nothing was working. I started randomly busting wires and replacing them and then it started working again....for awhile...then it did it again.

This issue is on a multiplayer server and it started when i added that mass fab. ive never heard of mass fabs causing this issue before, but does this mean i need to have a separate power source/storage for that thing?

EDIT: This time it just randomly started working on its own. If it werent for my items popping out of the tubes if they cant fit in the machines, i wouldnt be too irritated about this.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

2 answers to this question

Exercise caution with IC2 power when it comes to splitting the power flow. It doesn't always split nice and evenly. Most of those machines can be powered from a line after a Low Voltage Transformer, and that will save you EU in the long run by sending more and smaller packets.

Also, mass fabs suck a lot of power, so they can divert from other machines. A separate source or possibly a redstone connection to the MFSU to keep it from feeding power down that line unless it's partially full already would probably fix your problem.