Technic Launcher won't allow modpack reversion

Gregulator

I've been playing Lapito's Galacticraft 2.1.3, which used minecraft 1.7.10 and included Galaticraft 3, for about a month. I saw an update to the modpack was available via the Technic Launcher, and I avoided it for about a week because I was afraid it would break my world.

My worst fears have been realized! This is why I don't update things unless they are already broken. The 2.1.5 "update" reverted to minecraft 1.6.4 and all of the old versions of the mods. I didn't even start my world because I saw 1.6.4 in the minecraft window when it launched.

On top of that, the Technic Launcher won't let me select 2.1.3 from the version drop down menu, only 2.1.5 is available now, which means there is no way to play my world. Unfortunately, I only backed up my world save, but not all of the mods.

What are my options here? Is this a Technic Launcher issue? I've emailed JAC gaming (they manage the modpack), but no reply yet.

There are two types of platform packs. Packs that are solder-enabled, which means they only download new/updated mods when you change versions, and you can select which version to play, and URL packs, which don't have either of those functions. Lapito's is a URL pack. So, they only host one pack at a time. The new launcher shows a "solder enabled" tag under the pack title for packs with that capability.

Thats unfortunate. I could select the version in the old launcher and it wasn't solder enabled....

ah well, thanks for the clarification.

To anyone that is encountering this problem, I just made my own modpack that pointed at the following URL: http://j1.jacgaming.com/technic/uplink/lapitos/build/experimental/Lapitos_Update3.zip

I'm not going to advertise my pack because that seems a bit unethical, but if you create your own pack that points at this URL, and then copy your save from the lapito's galacticraft folder, you can make your game playable again.