Can Not Find Java Directory?

DudeDon

Question

4 answers to this question

Opening the .exe does nothing, or flashes a loading icon, or says "checking launcher version" then closes.

This is a Java issue. The most common cause is using 32 bit Java. If your Operating system is 64 bit, make sure you update to the latest 64 bit version of Java. Links on www.technicpack.net.

If no matter what you do, the exe just doens't work, go to your .techniclauncher folder and there should be a .jar in there. If not then download

it from www.technicpack.net and use that. Read further up the list for how to determine the bit version of your OS or JAVA.

I get an error that says "Can't find JAVA directory".

The cause and solution to this problem is the same as the problem directly above this one. You're

most likely using the incorrect bit version of JAVA, or it isn't up to date. Find out if you need the

64 bit version of JAVA and then go to www.technicpack.net and use the JAVA download links.

Read further up the list for how to determine the bit version of your OS or JAVA.

I've tried everything but I still can't get it to work with my 32 bit OS.

Not sure what to tell you. A temporary fix could be to use the .jar instead of the .exe which seems to work

for most people. If we manage to isolate a common cause to 32 bit OS issues then we'll update with a real fix.

- quoted from the "COMMON PROBLEMSAND SOLUTIONS" Forum Page