Launcher Failing after update dl

Safezor

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows XP SP3 (32 bit)

Java Version: current 1.7 and 1.6

Antivirus Program: ESET NOD32

Description of Problem:

Launcher is closing itself down after launch... Says its updating and downloading then shuts down suddenly. In the technicpack folder it seems to download the latest .jar and that's it

I have tried the following to remedy

Used a friends complete up to date .technicfolder (over 200mbs; mine was only 500kbs :S)

Tried a different PC (windows XP 32 bit again)

Tried downgrading java and running version 6

Tried launching the latest .jar file using both

This seems to be an issue with the latest launcher... You're common mods and solutions says if you find this to be a common 32bit error you will be working on a fix...

Any closer to a solution? :D

thanks all.

Error Messages:

None - Just closes the program

Error Log:

None

4 answers to this question

shameless bump?

I see a lot of useless folks posting not even half the details I've posted and getting responses here... At least i've tried troubleshooting :P

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated

oh and AV is ESET NOD32

If your .techniclauncher folder is that small, I'm guessing all you have is the .jar - have you tried running it with a Java batch file to see what the error is? I'd remove Java 6 entirely first - it just gets in the way. Use the server batch file with the file name changed if you don't know how to make one from scratch. You might need to add your Java 7 bin directory to the system path.

you can also try temporarily uninstalling your AV and redownloading.

The chumps get more responses because they make us mad. Also, the people who are competent usually end up solving their own problems.

Thanks guys. Appreciate this.

Can you possibly link us to the server batch file? I saw a dutch guy post a batch file in a different thread which I tried to no avail... The guy didnt speak english as a first language so it may have been for a different issue, was hard to decipher, heh.

Would this be correct for a bat file - "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx2G -Xms512M -jar technic-launcher.jar

Not sure about the AV issue... both computers are running different AV/Firewalls but that doesnt mean spit I guess.. they could both be causing drama. This will be the first test when I get home.