Suggestion for a mod to the Launcher

Hexapuma

I'm not sure if this is the right place to do it or even if it's a good idea, but I would like to suggest a slight mod for the Launcher. Something for the future if people think it's a good idea. 

I play Tekkit Lite from several machines, including some that are behind heavily restricted firewalls that I can't modify. I have permission to play Minecraft on these systems but it is a little annoying that I can only play in offline mode. I'm permitted to tunnel traffic to my home proxy via SSH and out onto the net to access servers, but due to the design of the launcher I can't get it to connect to the Minecraft.net servers. Hence I can only play offline. I would like to request/suggest the option on the launcher of choosing the path for the authentication traffic. Something so I can point it at 127.0.0.1 and a particular port controlled by PuTTY.

I know, this may be me being completely unreasonable and it may be dismissed as impractical, unnecessary or simply a waste of time but I thought I should at least mention it.