When i Click to run the launcher it says the launcher stopped working

MatthewTheAwesome

Question

Launcher Version: latest as of June 29 2012

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Java Version: Latest as of June 29 2012

Antivirus Program: I downloaded the launcher and when i click to run it it waits a bit before saying the launcher stopped working.

Description of Problem:

I downloaded the launcher and when i click to run it it waits a bit before saying the launcher stopped working.

Error Messages:

Something like "Technic Launcher has stopped working"

Error Log:

6 answers to this question

Ta da! If you were paying attention when you submitted that bug report, you would have noticed the print below the Error Log box. Yes, a launcher log and an error log are the same thing. Believe it or not, the launcher generates a log whenever it runs. It doesn't have to have an error. It starts deleting after 5 or 6 logs, though, I think.

Ta da! If you were paying attention when you submitted that bug report, you would have noticed the print below the Error Log box. Yes, a launcher log and an error log are the same thing. Believe it or not, the launcher generates a log whenever it runs. It doesn't have to have an error. It starts deleting after 5 or 6 logs, though, I think.

I looked everywhere in the folder and there is no logs anywhere

Okay, then start putting up version numbers of stuff. "Latest" isn't a version number. You should be using Java 7u5, to match your OS for 32- or 64-bit, and launcher version 1.0.1.3. You also may have an antivirus causing problems, or your download may have been corrupted and you need to get a new launcher.