Extreme Tekkit Lag

Beastcell

Question

Title: Extreme Tekkit Lag

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: Java 7 Update 5

Description of Problem:

Hey, thank you for taking the time to read this. I recently discovered Tekkit and was super excited to try out all of the amazing things it has to offer Minecraft. The longer I play, however, the more and more lag (low framerate to the point of frame freezing) I experience, until ultimately the game begins to freeze for whole seconds at a time, even in singleplayer. I have made sure that I have the latest and correct version of Java installed and have allocated plenty of memory for the game to run smoothly, but still this problem occurs. I have visited these forums a few times but have found nothing definitive relating to this problem, so I figured it was a very easy fix that I am just overlooking. Thanks for all the help!

Error Messages:

Error Log:

8 answers to this question

Let me help ya :D

The preffered options for 'No Lag" are the following...

Render distance = short (tiny is not even fun anymore"

Performance = Max FPS

Clouds = off (Why not?)

Fog = off

Smooth lighting = 0% (will make the game look like shit but will take the lag level away by 75%)

Graphics = fast (Again this is gonna affect the game badly but it does reduce lag from alot, Its up to you thought)ADV

ADV opengl = fast

and i wiil inform you for others.

If this still goes on it could be because in the world there is alot of machines and crap running and that cannot be changed if your on a server unless the server owner is really nice and will reset it just for you. if your playing single play you can go ahead and stop the machines or whatever or you can simply reset the world.

I hope this helps, ;)

Title: Extreme Tekkit Lag

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: Java 7 Update 5

Description of Problem:

Hey, thank you for taking the time to read this. I recently discovered Tekkit and was super excited to try out all of the amazing things it has to offer Minecraft. The longer I play, however, the more and more lag (low framerate to the point of frame freezing) I experience, until ultimately the game begins to freeze for whole seconds at a time, even in singleplayer. I have made sure that I have the latest and correct version of Java installed and have allocated plenty of memory for the game to run smoothly, but still this problem occurs. I have visited these forums a few times but have found nothing definitive relating to this problem, so I figured it was a very easy fix that I am just overlooking. Thanks for all the help!

Hi,

My friend and I have exactly the same problem. We have a dedicated Tekkit server set up on a pc. Im running XP on a seperate desktop, my friend runs XP on a laptop. Vanilla Minecraft runs no problem on both at reasonable frame rate.

We can connect no problem to server but after about 20-30mins the processors gradually become overwhelmed, the fps drops to 0-5 and then it crashes to desktop.

Only solution currently is to quit as soon as it starts playing up and restarting Technic-launcher (which as you can imagine, a total pain)

Turning down graphic settings makes no difference.

Ive run Tekkit servers before of earlier versions on the same equipment and this hasn't been a problem in the past.

I have this problem, but I use a Mac, so it's clear that it's not just your computer/OS. Do you get serious client lag and then 5-10 seconds freezing? I can barely move sometimes and have to spam Escape, and yesterday I broke my keyboard in rage; it's now on the floor in two pieces, this is a new one. I don't know how to fix it but it's got to the point where I have to lower the graphics and performance to an annoying bad level to play for more than a minute at a time. I've tried re-installing the launcher and Googling for hours but I have no fix. It would be helpful if someone could help us.

I have managed to solve the problem completely but not entirely sure how!

Firstly I changed my graphics card settings and switched of some of the features that can slow performance (sacrificing quality)

Then I lowered the memory usage setting in the options of the technic launcher.

THEN when I loaded Tekkit it wouldn't let me log in to my own server saying I didn't have source forge installed!!!! Arghhh! So I deleted the .techniclauncher folder and re-ran the technic launcher update to re-install.

When I restarted Tekkit it logged me in and now works crash free for hours!

It's weird and I don't know what part of this sorted it but I'm wondering if it doesn't unpack well when installing so you need to do it a few times until all of the mods work properly???

Hope this helps one of you guys cos I know it's miserable when it's constantly crashing.

I have managed to solve the problem completely but not entirely sure how!

Firstly I changed my graphics card settings and switched of some of the features that can slow performance (sacrificing quality)

Then I lowered the memory usage setting in the options of the technic launcher.

THEN when I loaded Tekkit it wouldn't let me log in to my own server saying I didn't have source forge installed!!!! Arghhh! So I deleted the .techniclauncher folder and re-ran the technic launcher update to re-install.

When I restarted Tekkit it logged me in and now works crash free for hours!

It's weird and I don't know what part of this sorted it but I'm wondering if it doesn't unpack well when installing so you need to do it a few times until all of the mods work properly???

Hope this helps one of you guys cos I know it's miserable when it's constantly crashing.

So I have had this problem for the last couple of days as well....and then I realized...a couple of days ago i allocated 8 gb of RAM to my client.....so I went and turned it back to 2gb. BAM....100% better. I have redner up to extreme / graphics to fancy...lighting to smooth...everything up and when i look at my advanced machines all in a line i get maybe a second of lag and then it straightens out. This might want to be looked into :)

Okay nevermind, the lag is back. However I HAVE narrowed it down. I destroyed everythign in my house except for my 4 advanced machines and my recycler....and every time i look at them i lag....i can be anywhere else in the world (minus my friends house that has machines) and i have NO lag. My friend Delija isn't geting lag and he has about half the power i do.

Im running 2x 560gt's / an 8 core i7-2600k processor overclocked to 5.2 ghz / 16gb RAM and the game is installed on a vertex 3 SSD drive. So no.....im pretty sure its not my computer.

Please help!! :)

Ok guys, I had the same problem, which I found a fix to. I mean, I just bought an Alienware and it can't even run Tekkit? You've no idea how pissed I was lol. Anyways- Go to %appdata% and delete the .techniclauncher folder. Be sure to back up your world saves ((((((((FIRST)))))))). Then open the Technic Launcher and set the allocated memory as low as possible (either the 512 mb or the 1g). I know this sounds weird, but Java is an odd beast. I was running it at 20 fps at best to start with and now I'm up to 125. I hope this helped you guys, I know how incredibly frustrating it was to have the game crash and constantly lag. Best of luck and God bless!

I have had the same problem (as you can see by my name) and I still haven't found a solution. Thing is I don't crash, I have the best settings and I fluctuate (even with stable fps on). I sometimes go from as high as 125 to as low as 4 every 2 seconds (and I don't have the two second auto save, thank you very much). So any help would be gratcho! Thanks!