Server problem with bath file

Jamie

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: 1.7

Antivirus Program: I've been trying to start a serve with tekkit, but when I try to open the batch file it says:

C:/Users/Jamie/Desktop/Tekkit Server>java -Xms3G Xmx3G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

'java' is not recognized as a internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:/Users/Jamie/Desktop/Tekkit Server>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

So I press "any key" and then the batch file instantly closes, I realize there may be a simple solution to this, and I'm not great at this Thanks.

Description of Problem:

I've been trying to start a serve with tekkit, but when I try to open the batch file it says:

C:/Users/Jamie/Desktop/Tekkit Server>java -Xms3G Xmx3G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

'java' is not recognized as a internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:/Users/Jamie/Desktop/Tekkit Server>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

So I press "any key" and then the batch file instantly closes, I realize there may be a simple solution to this, and I'm not great at this Thanks.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

launher_0

launcher_0.log.lck

launcher_1

12 answers to this question

There is a way to fix this for your Tekkit server specifically, put the following into a batch file in the same directory as your Tekkit.jar

@echo off

If exist "C:\program files (x86)\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" echo "C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms3G -Xmx3G -jar "%CD%\Tekkit.jar" nogui > launch2.bat

If exist "C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" echo "C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms3G -Xmx3G -jar "%CD%\Tekkit.jar" nogui > launch2.bat

echo pause >> launch2.bat

Use a program like Notepad, Notepad++ or similar and when saving make sure to save it as "All Files" rather than "Text Documents" (You will see these in the "Save As" dialog of Notepad).

Then run that batch file, it will look in two locations (since I am not sure which is used on your system) and make a batch file that points to java.exe and starts your server. The batch file it makes is called launch2.bat, use that instead of the default launch.bat to start your server.

Let me know if that works for you or not.

You can also edit your system path to fix this problem, instructions on that located here. Follow them at your own risk though.

Yeah So I went and pasted that in and saved it how you said, you probably think im pretty thick right now but I started that batch file and it created a second one like you said. The only thing is I didn't know how to make it point to java.exe and know it's saying: The system cannot find the path specified. Sorry, and thanks for doing this.

Having the same problem, I do this exactly - copy the code and save as a batch file, run the file, it creates launch2.bat but when I run it I get "The system cannot find the path specified" even though C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe is where my java is...

Edit: Just tried copy pasting Java from progfiles(x86) to progfiles and now when i run the .bat I get this error:

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heal

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Okay Jamie I've fixed it, I'll try to type it in layman's terms like you and I need to understand haha.

Step 1: Open Program Files (x86) and find the Java folder. Copy it into Program Files

Step 2: Open notepad and copy that paragraph of code thebird gave us

Step 3: Save it as fix.batch then run it

Step 4: It should create a file called launch2.bat - run that

Step 5: Either it will work or it will bitch about reserving space and not creating Java Virtual machine

Step 6: If it does moan about not having space, open launch2.bat with notepad and delete all the text and paste this over it:

"C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar "D:\Downloads\Tekkit_Server_3.0.4 (1)\Tekkit.jar" nogui

pause

That should fix it

Ok i've lowered my ram installed java done it all! However i still get the same java error! java.lang.NoDefFounderError: Then a really long code! I wondering if anyone could help me! I have a 1gb pc but i have made it 520mb's Deadicated ram to the server but whatever i do it doesn't fix can anyone help me?

Ok i've lowered my ram installed java done it all! However i still get the same java error! java.lang.NoDefFounderError: Then a really long code! I wondering if anyone could help me! I have a 1gb pc but i have made it 520mb's Deadicated ram to the server but whatever i do it doesn't fix can anyone help me?

You have added nothing to this thread and it has been dead for a long time. If you must, post your own bug report