AMD Crash on Server Join

verktyg55

Question

Title: AMD Crash on Server Join

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: Java 6 Update 33 x64/x86

Description of Problem:

When I try to play on my friends' server, my game freezes after about 50 seconds and I get whitescreen and a small window pops up saying that the AMD driver has stopped working and it's been successfully restored, the weird part is that I can play singleplayer without any issues whatsoever, and about a week ago, it was fine. Between the game not working and working, the only thing I did was to disconnect from the server for about 30 minutes and join again, then it crashed. I've tried to make Tekkit work again by reinstalling Java, and reinstalling my AMD drivers. I've also cleared Tekkits cache, lowered the renderdistance and playing with the vanilla texturepack instead of Sphax PureBD craft x128. Sometimes I can play for about an hour or two without it crashing, but I have to reinstall Java for it to work, and it's not 100% chance of that working neither. I've searched google for hours and hours, and no-one seems to have the same issue. If anyone knows what the problem might be, please reply.

Error Messages:

AMD display driver has stopped working and has been successfully recovered.

Error Log:

5 answers to this question

Your graphics card is failing, this isnt a Tekkit problem, it's when your graphics card and/or graphics driver fails, AMD is renound for overheating, either get a new graphics card or give it more cooling as it seems all the problems you describe point towards overheating if it lasts up to an hour on standard but when on Sphax's pack it runs for less than 1 minute.

So what was the fix exactly? I am also having this problem on a server and have never had it in the past while hosting my own servers or playing on others. My video cards both stay in healthy temperature ranges during MC, being 130F (54C) and lower.

Joined for a few minutes the first time, then like 30 seconds, then like 10 seconds, and now it crashes the moment I begin to load the world chunks. I tried putting it on tiny in case it was a machine or something crashing me, but no luck.

The new world started to crash too after a week or two of playing. This time I solved it by turning off my Crossfire. I found out the fix after I had some issues with changing the resolution of a game and found a thread saying that it might be Crossfire, so I turned it off, then Tekkit started working again. If you don't have Crossfire, I think it may be time to buy a new GPU, because that's probably the problem.