Not Enought Space for Object Heap

B6002177

Hello,

I just downloaded the Tekkit Server file, and when I click the .bat file to activate the server I get an error in the command console that says:

"Error occurred during the initialization of VM. Could not reserve enough space for object heap. Could not create the java virtual machine."

I would normally assume that means I do not have enough RAM to run the server but that does not make much sense to me since my computer has 12GBs of RAM. And when I try to edit the .bat to "xmx1024" instead of the default "xmx3G" , the console says, "Too small initial heap". I would raise the amount until I could find the correct number but through experience with other server I have made I have found that any amount over "xmx1024" gives me the, "virtual machine", error. Anyone who has experience with this or know how to solve it please help.

Thanks in Advance

if your typing in mb of ram add a m to the end.. so 1024m or 1g is essentially the same. If you have 12gb of ram but use 32-bit windows or 32bit java guess what.. your limited to like 1.8g of ram maximum.. either way technic should not need more than 1gb of ram realistically