RalphORama

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Java Version: 1.7.0_04

Antivirus Program: AVG 2012 Free editon

Description of Problem:

When I use the Tekkit launcher, I have precisely one problem:

Nothing that launches has any sound! Not vanilla, nor Technic, nor anything else! I've messed with my sound options both in the game and in the taskbar, and neither does anything. I have no idea why this is happening.

Some more info: With regular Minecraft launcher, the volume is always at 0% when I start it, and it freezes a little bit the first time i jimmy the volume bar, it doesn't respond for 10-30 seconds.

Error Messages:

None pop up.

Error Log:

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at paulscode.sound.CommandThread.run(SourceFile:121)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] java.io.FileNotFoundException: \vanilla\bin\modpack.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MinecraftClassLoader.findClassInjar(MinecraftClassLoader.java:69)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MinecraftClassLoader.findClass(MinecraftClassLoader.java:57)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at paulscode.sound.libraries.LibraryLWJGLOpenAL.init(SourceFile:162)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at paulscode.sound.SoundSystem.CommandNewLibrary(SourceFile:1489)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at paulscode.sound.SoundSystem.CommandQueue(SourceFile:2362)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] java.io.FileNotFoundException: \vanilla\bin\modpack.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MinecraftClassLoader.findClassInjar(MinecraftClassLoader.java:69)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MinecraftClassLoader.findClass(MinecraftClassLoader.java:57)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.LWJGLUtil.getPathFromClassLoader(LWJGLUtil.java:425)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.LWJGLUtil.getLibraryPaths(LWJGLUtil.java:339)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:134)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:104)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:191)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at paulscode.sound.libraries.LibraryLWJGLOpenAL.init(SourceFile:162)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at paulscode.sound.SoundSystem.CommandNewLibrary(SourceFile:1489)

[18:43:31] [sEVERE] at paulscode.sound.SoundSystem.CommandQueue(SourceFile:2362)

===========

The full thing here: http://pastebin.com/Tsa80E39

3 answers to this question

I'm having the same problem. I tried every little thing you have to do before you post this.

I updated JAVA, restarted my computer, re-plugged the headphones, re-installed JAVA, re-installed Tekkit. But nothing works.

Try to use 1.5 GB of RAM, it works for me. But my game crashes when I use so much RAM.. Hopefully someone will help us out!

Think ive found out the problem this has happened to me a few times seems like when u change memory to allocate on the technic pack launcher menu in 'options' bottom right corner to 1GB from 1536MB it works again randomly dont know if this is just me but try it

wez :)

Think ive found out the problem this has happened to me a few times seems like when u change memory to allocate on the technic pack launcher menu in 'options' bottom right corner to 1GB from 1536MB it works again randomly dont know if this is just me but try it

wez :)

Just signed up here to tell you, YOU are AWESOME. This worked for me atleast. Now I have to get it to work on 1536MB. Maybe updating Java might help.