I CAN join my own Tekkit server, but my friends CAN'T

TechnicFenetic

Question

Launcher Version: Minecraft Tekkit Launcher 1.2.5

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: Java SE Runtime Environment 7u4

Antivirus Program: The main Problem is that My friends CAN'T Join my Tekkit Server.

We all have the latest tekkit and we all use the same launcher etc.

I CAN join my own server, but my friends CAN'T

I disabled my firewall and everything.

I've tried:

- Port forwarding method, I didn't knew if it worked correctly. I've searched the internet and there are no tutorials on how to port forward on a: 'LevelOne FBR-1418TX'

(the router I have) some tutorials I followed. and when I checked it it said my port 80 wasn't open.

- Hamachi, All the IP's don't work. I know I need to change something in the server properties which I did. I work with a whitelist. with or without it doesn't works.

conclusion,

Both methods don't work for me.

I Really would like to setup a Tekkit server like the series: 'Tekkit with Duncan' from the YOGSCAST.

I'm slightly loosing hope because I am working hard to get it to work. I wanted to solve it myself but I think it's time to post it on the forums. so some Tekkit Guru can help me ;)

If anybody could help me with it I would be thankfull forever :D

Thanks in advance,

-TechnicFenetic

Description of Problem:

The main Problem is that My friends CAN'T Join my Tekkit Server.

We all have the latest tekkit and we all use the same launcher etc.

I CAN join my own server, but my friends CAN'T

I disabled my firewall and everything.

I've tried:

- Port forwarding method, I didn't knew if it worked correctly. I've searched the internet and there are no tutorials on how to port forward on a: 'LevelOne FBR-1418TX'

(the router I have) some tutorials I followed. and when I checked it it said my port 80 wasn't open.

- Hamachi, All the IP's don't work. I know I need to change something in the server properties which I did. I work with a whitelist. with or without it doesn't works.

conclusion,

Both methods don't work for me.

I Really would like to setup a Tekkit server like the series: 'Tekkit with Duncan' from the YOGSCAST.

I'm slightly loosing hope because I am working hard to get it to work. I wanted to solve it myself but I think it's time to post it on the forums. so some Tekkit Guru can help me ;)

If anybody could help me with it I would be thankfull forever :D

Thanks in advance,

-TechnicFenetic

Error Messages:

My Friends Side: 'Can't Reach the server'

Error Log:

(No Error Logs)

14 answers to this question

How are you connecting to your own server, by the IP, or with localhost?

If its with the IP, then its your friends that have a problum, and its not your fault. If you are useing localhost, then it can still be your prob.

Theres a server.cfg file (think thats the name) that you need to change the IP in.

Sound like your port forwarding may be messed up.

Are you trying to host your server on port 80? This port number should only be used by Web Server programs like Apache, since this is the port web browsers use for http.

How are you connecting to your own server? I always go thru my public IP address http://www.whatsmyip.org

For testing if others can connect to the server.

Sound like your port forwarding may be messed up.

Are you trying to host your server on port 80? This port number should only be used by Web Server programs like Apache, since this is the port web browsers use for http.

How are you connecting to your own server? I always go thru my public IP address http://www.whatsmyip.org

For testing if others can connect to the server.

How does it works? and how do I port forward with a 'LevelOne FBR-1418TX' because most people in the tutorials got Netgear

How are you connecting to your own server, by the IP, or with localhost?

If its with the IP, then its your friends that have a problum, and its not your fault. If you are useing localhost, then it can still be your prob.

Theres a server.cfg file (think thats the name) that you need to change the IP in.

is it the file named: 'server.properties' ?

if yes, I've putted my IP of the hamachi one when I tried it with hamachi, and my own Ip4 adress when I tried it with the normal way (port forwarding)

But both don't work. It's really weird

Your system should already be setup to static address before attempting any game server setup.

If you need instructions on how to do this:

START - Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network and Sharing Center

Change adapter settings

Right-click the adapter that is connected to internet - Properties

select TCP/IP (want the IPv4 version not the IPv6, doubt Minecraft supports IPv6 addresses yet)

select Properties

Change settings from Obtain an IP automatically to Use the following

Enter settings that will work with you router (in the US majority of routers defaults to 192.168.1 for internal network)

Let me know if need more detailed info than this.

Your system should already be setup to static address before attempting any game server setup.

If you need instructions on how to do this:

Let me know if need more detailed info than this.

I am getting some kind of an error message that if I am sure to do this and something else I don't know how to explain because it's dutch, Could you please give me more detailed info than this? Thanks

When still on Automatic IP settings

Go to START - All Programs - Accessories - Command Prompt

type IPCONFIG

should get something like this

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::d165:7dd8:b3a3:7177%14

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Need to know these settings before setting up Static IP address. Ignore the IPv6 address.

Example: On my computer I set the same info as my Static IP settings. (As described in my previous post)

Then go into router settings, set 192.168.1.100 to forward port 25565. (Not sure how you go about doing this for your specific router)

Go to http://www.whatsmyip.org find out what my public ip address is, 70.46.66.151

If I was hosting a server would connect via 70.46.66.151:25565

As long as everything is setup correctly friends should be able to connect to your server.

Post any errors you are receiving perhaps I can understand them using Google Translate.

When still on Automatic IP settings

Go to START - All Programs - Accessories - Command Prompt

type IPCONFIG

should get something like this

Need to know these settings before setting up Static IP address. Ignore the IPv6 address.

Example: On my computer I set the same info as my Static IP settings. (As described in my previous post)

Then go into router settings, set 192.168.1.100 to forward port 25565. (Not sure how you go about doing this for your specific router)

Go to http://www.whatsmyip.org find out what my public ip address is, 70.46.66.151

If I was hosting a server would connect via 70.46.66.151:25565

As long as everything is setup correctly friends should be able to connect to your server.

Post any errors you are receiving perhaps I can understand them using Google Translate.

Explain yourself

what should I put in the server properties?

what should I put in the server properties?

Need to set

allow-flight=true

If this is false when players start making items that let you fly they will get booted.

All other setting can be left at default or however you wish the server settings to be.

This needs to match the port you are forwarding from your router.

server-port=25565

Hi everybody!

I played a localhost server with my friend last week, today I decided to start a tekkit lite server and managed to start a server using localhost...

However, my friend can't join my server, even though he uses tekkit lite launcher and everything. I thought that localhost might be the problem however I couldn't change it to my ip. I tried getting him to type in different alternative ip's but none work, he must also use direct connect since he cant see the server...

(i have port forwarded as well, 25565 on 10.0.0.1 or something similar

Help anyone?