Updating Screen Events - Hexxit Error Report - Help

MarkStogdill

Question

My Hexxit Modpack has been running extremely smooth for about a week now. I love playing, but for some reason today the program crashes every time I open my inventory. I was seriously playing Hexxit not even 12 hours prior to this, and there were absolutely no issues.
If you have any suggestions, or have ran into the same problem, I would appreciate the help.

My Error Report claims it's having an issue "Updating Screen Events"

Thanks
Mark

Edited by MarkStogdill

3 answers to this question

sounds like you got something in your inventory that your game doesnt like.

try opening your game to LAN. enable cheats, and type /clear.  DO NOT open your inventory until it has been cleared.

keep in mind that you will lose the items in your inventory but it is a small price to pay to make the game stop crashing.

Edited by gunhammer5000

So, I'm running on straight survival mode in this game file. I'm unsure how something would have appeared in my inventory unbeknownst to me that would cause the game to crash. After tinkering around a bit, I've found that it will crash the second I attempt to MOVE anything around in the inventory section.
I started up a LAN server to allow cheats for the time being in order to remove any corrupt items, but the game continues to crash even if I attempt to move something in the Creative Inventory.
I attempted the "/clear" command (That function works…), and now I'm left without my entire inventory AND a corrupt game.
It's still the same Error Report "Updating Screen Events".
I'm mostly just flustered because I was playing this before I went to sleep just last night, but upon log in this morning… 

I figure I could uninstall Hexxit and retry, but I'd honestly love to know what the hell happened while I was sleeping!

Edited by MarkStogdill