If Tekkit 3.1.1 is being pushed for the server why isn't it the RB?

I get your system fine, You wish to release the recommended Server leave time for server administrators to fiddle with things test out plugin conflicts and what not, then push out the client after some period of extra time that has been decided to be enough for administrators to get themselves in order.

I also know that CC would need to be ported to bukkit but what if that was to happen during the week wait for the client, I already said it doesn't really matter at all whichever way you decide to release the end product the outcome will the be the same, You will either add the updated mods in the coming release or issue a hot-fix or a minor version update some weeks after the release with the new server files and the process will repeat.

There is just no denying that once you release a recommended you cannot just take it back to fix something silly you missed that others have picked up after its been released but that being said that also succumbs the same as above. I'm not really fussed anymore either way as its just a matter of opinion and the workflow of the developers in which way is the better option. Some admins will side with me and some will side with you with the deciding factor being how quickly they can adjust to change.

I have no issues with current method personally from a reasoning perspective but I don't agree that the recommended build should be called recommended and splashed all over the homepage, its more a prerelease as without the client it shouldn't be classed as recommended as there is no recommended counter part to be used to join the server at the time of release.

All in all it just again is another opinion that doesn't really matter and falls under the above yet again. Not to be rude but I do think there is a whole heap of room for debate on that subject but this is not my project so have at it any way you guys think works best for you :).

Edit:

Yes it was a shitty argument as I never did explain in detail the process that would take nor did anyone else debate anything in return, So kudos you are right about the fact its not a debate, I seem to be the only one coming up with any real validation for the reasoning to counter anything that is being said thus far.