Single player world to multiplayer

Would that be your vanilla world ssp with your creations or were you playing the technic pack SSP. I know both should be farirly possible - altho from migration from vanilla - chunks that you have visited - wouldnt get Technic pack related ore spawns but new chucks would spawn according to TP spawn rules

I never had a reason to do so as I usually just start server anyway to play, and I dont use the launcher itself since I plan on LAN - but it only takes to generate any SMP then swap files over - run Server config file and swap the world name if needed (if you changed the folders names) - thats for Bukkit and Forge servers I have used before - not 100% sure with launcher version as I find the forge easy enough to set up.

yup but entire process works similar really (at least if you run server yourself and since I'm at work I couldnt check on folders names for you (forgot how they are called hence the link) - I never did that with 3rd party as I have 3 pc's at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it fails to load non-vanilla blocks. Which is the really whole point of doing it.

Anyone else have a solution? it would be great if it was possible.

I've found out it's not the singleplayer to multiplayer that's the problem. It's the jump between technic and tekkit (the block id's are different). You could use a tool like midas gold but i can't find a patch (the file that tells the program whichs block id's to switch to where) for tekkit to technic but i'm to lazy to make one.

• 5 months later...

Sorry about repeat the way you do it is you get

your world and you rename it world and inside

you delete NEI.cfg and copy uid.dat from your old

server world and put it in the new one. Then you just

replace it and delete the world nether and the world

end unless you want to replace that too.