Clicking items makes them disapear

Monop0d

Question

Title: Clicking items makes them disapear

Version: 3.1.1

Java Version: Not the reason

Description of Problem:

The scenario:

I created a singleplayer Tekkit creative world. I'm building my stuff and want to fill some coal in a chest. First I shift clicked them. The coal gets dropped. I try dragging it. Gets dropped. I try every combination with Shift, Rclick and Lclick and even middle mouse button. I then change to survival via NEI. Same error, now the items just disapears after being dropped. I then read about people saying that I should change "Item Drops: true/false" in NEI. It only changes wether the item disapears after being dropped or if it stays. I then checked with a workbench. Works fine. I can drag stuff, shift click etc. I have also tried disabling NEI. Not working either.

So my two speculations are: 1. Playing Tekkit singleplayer (normally you would play technic pack if you singleplayer). 2. NEI or the item sorter mod is broken.

Any help?

EDIT: I restarted Tekkit and tried copying the map to Technic SSP. In Technic, all my marbel was gone and also all the blocks made with the handsaw mod. But the everything else worked fine.

I tried Tekkit again, and now all the clicking and chest errors are gone. Now I've just encountered another problem. It seems like NEI doesn't convert the world entirely to survival when you change it from creative. I don't get any drops from destroying blocks. Not even dirt after pounding it with my bare hands..

Help?!

4 answers to this question

Even though you think Java is not the issue, you have to tell it because it can be the issue. Go with the normal procedures which are; get Java 7, remove '%appdata%/.techniclauncher/ and reinstall the launcher, clear cache at the launcher options and login to redownload Tekkit. Also moving Tekkit worlds to Technic may break your stuff, because i am quite sure they use different IDs.

Is the Alt key stuck in game, for whatever reason? That's what usually causes drops like that. And if it doesn't seem like NEI changed entirely to survival, you may have disabled item drops in NEI on accident and left them disabled.

The key stuck bug is a constant problem experienced by everyone including vanilla therefore if you would like a quick fix for that you just have to click out of the java window and click back in again. As for the problem with items not dropping, i assume NEI has locked the world to disable item drops. Try to disable and then re-enable the item drop function to see if it fixes the problem