I made a tekkit server, only I can get on it...

MasterSackhuman

Question

Title: I made a tekkit server, only I can get on it...

Version: 3.1.1

Java Version: 7

Description of Problem:

I have made a tekkit server, everything is correct for people to get on, when my friends tried, they couldn's get on but when I tried I easily got on...

Error Messages:

Error Log:

I seem to have the same problem. I am running a Tekkit server on a different PC using the same internet connection. I port forwarded the IPv4 Address for the second PC in which the server is running. I have edited the properties files properly as well.

When I try to connect though my IP address on my 1st PC (no server) I does not even show that it is online. It only seems to be Tekkit with this problem. I tested it with a Vanilla server and it worked flawlessly. I don't understand why it will not work.

I am using hamachi

As i said, it bugs out a lot...

Does any of your friends have a blue dot next to them? I've had that problem a lot, and pretty much the only way i know how to fix it is to restart your computer, or just get everyone to enable/disable hamachi until it fixes itself.

Well shoot, my friend finally got his tekkit working, (He broke it somehow by using worldedit to make a 50x50 computercraft monitor, and my craptop can barely run anything...) and now i've got exactly the same problem as this thread. He can connect to the server, but i just time out.

Yeah... I also have the same problem, mine is just like ThCxProTo. I've tried using my old laptop to connect to the server to see if that would allow me on, it didn't. Then I switched it back to normal bukkit, and then it appears port fowarded. I didn't have ANY servers running at all. The files are there in the folder. I've retried downloading the server software again. I've tried hamachi. Even just hosting it for a private LAN server fails. It only appears up to me. It all ends up not working. I've researched for about 4 hours overall trying to fix the issue.

I may have an idea though of what may be causing this. When I tried hosting a server for my friends that was a invasion mod server(it requires only forge for server.), the server seemed to not to appear to any computers on my network or them then too. However when my friend hosted it(he sent me his originally, because his computer is not as stable), it worked perfectly fine. If you notice, MC Forge is the only mod they both have installed. I believe the issue lies within forge.

I hope I or someone can find the issue soon. If forge is the issue, I guess I'm one step closer to finding the issue. I'll post if I find out something.

darkecojaj may be on to something with it being a problem within forge. I too hope that this issue can be resolved if this is true. I will look into it.

-EDIT- Minecraft Forge is NOT the problem. I know this because I created a fresh bukkit server on my Desktop PC, and when I tried to connect, the same exact error comes up as when I try to connect from my laptop to my Tekkit server on my Desktop PC. This error is:

Failed to verify username! [internal error java.net.SocketExeption: Permission denied: connect]

I have all firewalls off, Norton has been uninstalled and AVG is completely disabled. This may only happen to me, and could could very well be MCForge for darkecojaj.

Either way, I really do not know how this can be resolved. I still do not know what error is given for anyone else with this problem.

-EDIT 2- I have gotten it to work. All you have to do is simply go into you server.properties file and set online-mode to "false". This should allow you to join. So far I have not found any other way that works.

i had this error and then my server started getting really buggy and crashed over and over again then the server log got spammed with [severe] errors, i fixed all that and now the technic launcher broke and gets stuck on the "technic launcher" banner, don't you just love technic?

the server online mode false thing should work, it worked for me, it means the server doesn't have to contact minecraft.net first, i think it is a problem with minecraft.net and coding errors at the moment. You just have to be careful as then it means absolutely anyone can join the server unless you have a plugin that acts similarly to a whitelist.

This Error report is a MESS an i literary mean a mess

@MasterSackHuman Your error report is insufficient can you give a more detailed description on what have you done. In regard to your port forwarding attempt please use a open port checker against your ip to verify you have forwarded the port properly.

@thcxprototype Your problem is completely different from what is happening here as yours is a username verification error from minecraft.net and your solution is just asking the client not to verify usernames from minecraft.net. Do you have multiple installations of java in your computer? go to Control panel and then java to check delete all except the one you are using.

@darkecojaj

Yeah... I also have the same problem, mine is just like ThCxProTo. I've tried using my old laptop to connect to the server to see if that would allow me on, it didn't. Then I switched it back to normal bukkit, and then it appears port fowarded. I didn't have ANY servers running at all. The files are there in the folder. I've retried downloading the server software again. I've tried hamachi. Even just hosting it for a private LAN server fails. It only appears up to me. It all ends up not working. I've researched for about 4 hours overall trying to fix the issue.

Please be more specific by what you mean by "Then I switched it back to normal bukkit, and then it appears port fowarded."

Please note that if you are connecting to a computer on the same LAN please use the internal ip to connect unless you are testing to see if others can connect.

@tanki123 I have, it should work, everything is right, but my friends can't get on still, at the time of me posting this, I didn't realise that somethings need to be said, so here is my full description of the problem:

I have made a tekkit server using hamachi and the latest tekkit server download, I have made a minecraft server that worked, in the same way, when I made the tekkit server, I gave my friends the hamachi and the ip, when I launched my server, after launching it once to get the mods in the folder, my friends was unable to reach the server whilst I was able to get on it easily, I have tried all the tips given on this topic and none have woked here is my server perms so you can all see:

#Minecraft server properties

#Thu Aug 02 13:58:46 BST 2012

allow-nether=true

level-name=world

enable-query=true

allow-flight=true

server-port=25565

query.port=25565

level-type=DEFAULT

enable-rcon=false

level-seed=

server-ip=5.127.249.10