My Modpack Lags When I Play It

birdistheword22

Hello!  Thanks for reading this thread.  Any and all help is appreciated.

Recently (as in yesterday) I made a modpack called "XenoTech".  It focuses on technology and such as well as rapid advancement; however that is beyond the point.  Whenever I attempt to play it, my game lags greatly.  I have tried all my RAM settings, turned down the video settings to help me run faster, but still nothing has worked.  My younger brother also has Technic on his computer, and the pack runs just fine on it, around 40-60 FPS. I'm at a loss.  I have no idea what to do.  Any help is appreciated!

Computer: Acer Aspire

8GB RAM

Technic running on 1 GB atm.

Do you have a dedicated gpu card in there or are you using some integrated intel gma card? Is java set to run on the dedicated graphics?

1GB is not enough. Set it to 2-3GB

According to a quick web search, I have a dedicated GPU. My computer may not be set to run on it, but I assume it would as I haven't changed the card. I'll see later, though. Thanks!

Well there is your problem, from the two different 5250 models I looked at they both use a dual-core AMD APU running lower than 2 GHz, so you have to expect lag if you are trying to play modded minecraft on something with such low specs. Also not sure which model you have but some of them only have 2GB of ram, and half of that will be used by the OS not leaving a whole lot for a modpack to run with. Did you upgrade the ram yourself? I can't find any models that ship with more than 4gb. Run vanilla minecraft and if that lags then you seriously;y shouldn't be trying to play any games (beyond flash games) on that thing.