Cannot connect to friend's Hamachi Tekkit server

Basically, my friend set up a server with Hamachi so me, him and another friend could play. (We use the same router, etc, to connect, all three of us.) He downloaded the Tekkit server from the website and launches it with that, with the ip address being his Hamachi IPv4. When trying to direct connect to it, my second friend gets in fine, but for me, it comes up with the message 'Failed to connect to the server, Connection timed out: connect'

I've enabled java, tekkit and minecraft through my firewall, and tried with my firewall AND antivirus disabled to no avail. I've reinstalled the tekkit launcher and java 7, which didn't help.

We've also tried portforwarding, but everything just went horribly confusing and wrong, so we'd rather stick with Hamachi.

Anyone have any ideas?

Im not the best at troubleshooting hamachi problems. I can help you portforward even if it's more complicated... but that is confusing if you're not sure how to find the password for the router. Make sure hamachi is running as admin? Best I got :P

PM me if you simply can't figure it out and I can help you port forward. I'll act as a last-ditch resort :P

Also

Hello there can you add me somewhere and i might be able to help you.

steam: fiorini_v2

Really? You can't type here instead? Forget no offense, I have plenty of offense. People don't like giving out their usernames on other things to random people they don't know. I sure as hell don't.

Im not the best at troubleshooting hamachi problems. I can help you portforward even if it's more complicated... but that is confusing if you're not sure how to find the password for the router. Make sure hamachi is running as admin? Best I got :P

PM me if you simply can't figure it out and I can help you port forward. I'll act as a last-ditch resort :P

Also

Really? You can't type here instead? Forget no offense, I have plenty of offense. People don't like giving out their usernames on other things to random people they don't know. I sure as hell don't.

well i understand why you are saying that but the reason why i wanted him to add me there is that there can be many things wrong easy to use a chat program then.

sooo yeah....

In the server config file (the host should be the only one who can access this), there is a line that shows server-ip=

Make sure that the host (your friend I assume) put the Hamachi IP in the config.

For example:

server-ip=[insert Hamachi IP]

well i understand why you are saying that but the reason why i wanted him to add me there is that there can be many things wrong easy to use a chat program then.

sooo yeah....

That may be true, but it is a rule of thumb to exhaust you're support in the forum before moving to that. It's just rude to ignore the question and jump straight to asking him to add you.

In the server config file (the host should be the only one who can access this), there is a line that shows server-ip=

Make sure that the host (your friend I assume) put the Hamachi IP in the config.

For example:

I didn't think of that. But if his other friend can connect to the server would that really fix it? I'm curious now.

Thanks, if no solutions crop up within a few days, I might give it a shot :) Also, tried running as admin, but it didn't work.

For example:

Yep, he's done that, to his IPv4 address, the second Hamachi IP. It said the IPv6 was taken, or at least, it couldn't port to it. Something along those lines..

sooo yeah....

I'd prefer to not add strangers on other things, if you have a solution, please list it here. :)