Unable to authenticate account

Feu Mystique

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.1

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit OS

Java Version: JRE 7 for Windows x64

Antivirus Program: Norton Internet Security (Was preinstalled on this new laptop)

Description of Problem:

When I enter my Mojang account credentials into the Technic Launcher, a box with the error message "Unable to authenticate account with minecraft.net" appears. On a similar note, my default Minecraft Launcher could not connect to Minecraft.net, but a moderator provided a download link to a separate launcher that could allow me to login to Minecraft.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

This is the first time, I think, this has been posted on this board, at least in the last few months, so it can't be that common. Have you tried copying the one you got from them and overwriting the one in the .techniclauncher folder? At least, if you're referring to a minecraft.jar, there is one in there.

I'm guessing it has to be a problem with minecraft.net. I tried going onto the site not that long ago, but it said that the servers were overloaded, or something similar. We should probably just wait until they've got it all fixed, since we can't do anything to help it.

i was able to login to minecraft but then i logged out and tried again and it would not hahahaha. they usually get these problems fixed quickly. But we will see. I think they are just having server problems I have been on forums at minecraftwiki, mojang's website, and tekkit website this is not a local issue it is happening to quite a few people. They should get it fixed.