Launcher displays banner then freezes with banner still being displayed.

Zach Brown

Question

Launcher Version: Latest (I think 1.0.1.3)

Operating System: Windows 7 x64

Java Version: 1.7.0_05 b-06

Antivirus Program: Windows Firewall

Description of Problem:

When I click the launcher file (It's the .JAR type) it loads, displays the banner, and freezes on the banner. I have to manually end the java process to get it to close. I tried creating the batch file as suggested on other threads, but it didn't work. I also tried the .EXE launcher, but it just displays a pop-up which says "Checking server version" then closes. Any suggestions will be tried and greatly appreciated.

Error Messages:

None; the banner just freezes

Error Log:

[18:40:36] [sEVERE]	------------------------------------------

[18:40:36] [sEVERE]	Launcher is starting....

[18:40:36] [sEVERE]	Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[18:40:36] [sEVERE]	Allocated 989.875 Mb of RAM

[18:40:36] [sEVERE]	Java VM: '1.7.0_05-b06'

[18:40:36] [sEVERE]	OS Version: '6.1'

[18:40:36] [sEVERE]	Is 64-bit: 'true'

[18:40:38] [sEVERE]	[info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'https://raw.github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/master/mirrors.yml'.

[18:40:38] [sEVERE]	Exception in thread "main" 

[18:40:38] [sEVERE]	java.lang.NullPointerException

[18:40:38] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186)

[18:40:38] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

[18:40:38] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[18:40:38] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

5 answers to this question

I too am experiencing a similar error. I have the same error log, same java, same launcher, same windows version, but Norton AntiVirus. I believe the problem is that the actual mod files and gui files are not being downloaded, therefore the launcher cannot proceed to the following screen, there being no gui to display. I believe the antivirus might be autonomously blocking the download of the necessary files. If windows firewall has any sort of log, I suggest you take a look at it and see if it says anything. I hope you find a solution as I too am unable to experience tekkit on my computer.

A friend has the same thing, the problem seems to be popping up a lot.

However, I actually sent him the files that it won't download, and it worked enough to actually open the launcher. But what's really weird is even then it wouldn't connect to the internet. Logging in failed, connecting to the Tumblr failed, and downloading mod packs failed.