Downloads OK, Then it gets to Checking version and disappears.

Derp12

Question

Launcher Version: Most recent update.

Operating System: Windows XP.

Java Version: Most recent.

Antivirus Program: No idea.

Description of Problem:

Downloads OK, Then it gets to Checking version and disappears.I tryed right-clicking it and choosing Run as... but it says: Unable to find runtime to run technic.

Error Messages:

N/A

Error Log:

N/A

12 answers to this question

Alright, I've read the common problems thread, I've narrowed it down to my incorrect Java, but I have the most up-to-date version. Is it possible it could be a problem with my operating system?

Make sure the bit version of Java matches that of your OS. However, the most common cause of this error is antivirus software interference. I suggest you find out what you have.

Make sure the bit version of Java matches that of your OS. However, the most common cause of this error is antivirus software interference. I suggest you find out what you have.

OK I have norton protection center and a 32 bit java thing and windows xp and it wont work so i need help....

There aren't any mod packs for me..? All I see is an executable jar file named techniclauncher. I openned that and there werent any mod-packs there, But I saw there was a file called META-INF. Should I delete that? I know when getting mods for minecraft you need to remove that file..

I tried that and it worked. I've been playing Tekkit for 3 months now but then, something happened.

Me and my friend tried to set up a tekkit server on my laptop, we didn't do it on his because he is rubbish with computers! Anyway, it didn't work so I looked up on Youtube and found a way for it to work. It said I needed to update my tekkit so I did, but when I updated my tekkit crashed!!!!! I tried to get it running but it wouldn't work and I rage-quited and deleted my tekkit launcher. I did as you said 'Chargerman123' but it wasn't there. I downloaded the launcher again and it crashed. I got so mad I accidentally deleted my entire folder, '.Techniclauncher', so I went into my downloads folder and installed it again and it works, but, when I run the launcher for tekkit, it comes up in command prompt with a message and closes!!!!

Does anyone know how to fix this, I'm getting really angry that it's not working!!!

TY

- Alphadom :)