Techinic not running

Nevdog93

Question

7 answers to this question

We are not sure yet what's causing this but some users fixed their launchers by removing java 8 and installing java 7

This way also all the files associated with java are updated (or downgraded in this case) which could also fix any corruptions.

We really don't know yet what's causing this.

If you're not sure about the effects on your pc with downgrading just refresh your java 8:

uninstall it, restart your pc and install it again from https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

be sure to grab a 64 bit version (all modern modpacks run on that).

Report any findings.

I have had the same problem, but first i tried to reinstall the launcher but now when i try to download it, i click "windows" int he download part of the website, and it downloads like normally, but it doesn't create a launcher on the desktop so i cant launch it from there. When i try to launch it from the folder it doesn't do anything but puts that blue circle above the mouse for a second. PLS SEND HALP

Note: This only happened after i updated to java 8 so thats the problem, but before that i had the what seems to be common problem of when i tried to join a server, it would exit minecraft and take me back to the launcher.

I did what you said bochen, and it opened fine, and now i can join servers again, thanks for the help!

Also, can you please get out of that bush behind my house? Its my pet hobo's house and hes been on vacation. Hes coming back in 3 days.

Edited by StarCore