unable to add mods to the "vanilla" pack (my comp cant run the other mod packs)

Durex_tears

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: XP Sp2

Java Version: version 7 update 5

Antivirus Program: AVG/anti-bytes

Description of Problem:

my computer can not handle the technic, yogbox or the voxel modpack. i have been trying to mod the vanilla pack of the technic launcher. ive tried everyway i can think of plus everyway ive seen on forums/youtube. ive tried adding them to the minecraft.JAR iv'e tried deleting the meta-inf folder, ive tried leaving it, ive tried un-czipping them to this same file, ive tried putting them into the "mods" folder packed and unpacker. ive tried anything i can think of for hours and hours. as i said i can play vanilla fine, no dramas at all, but the mods just do not load up.

also it may be notable that i put the painterly texture pack into the texture pack folder and it worked fine, i am at wits end here! any help would be much appreciated.

thank you!

Error Messages:

none (the mods i add in just do not load up)

Error Log:

once again, no error message, either the mods wont load, (as in the client loads up and i can play vanilla fine, just no mods are added to the game OR the game will not open at all.)

5 answers to this question

I myself have only had minor modding experience but just from browsing the forums from trying to mod the technic pack (trying to add mod packs to the launcher, anyone pm me if you can help) I think you have to place mods in the "modpack.jar" in the ".techinlauncher" folder in "/roaming/" and put other resources (if any) in their respective places (plus take care of incompatibilities if came across).

hmm, see iv'e tried a similar thing, but i dont have a modpack.JAR in my vanilla folder (the other mod packs have it) i do however have the "mods" and "config" folders. (both empty) so i tried recreating the mod placements of sorts. basically did as you said about the ensuring everythings in it's place. putting the correct resources in the correct place. even with the simplest of mods this did not work. (rei's minimap).

any other ideas?

Also, i commented on a thread of the same sort of nature as what your after (adding other modpacks to the launcher) but i couldnt find it again to link you to it...

so if you like just go to my profile and have a look for it in my posts?

the title was something like "more launcher options"

im not sure if that will be of any help to you at all though.

Whoops... I forgot that there is no modpack.jar in the Vanilla folder so I have no clue... And on the the topic of my problem I had found that thread too but there had been and there still are no helpful responses. Puts both of us in "situations" doesn't it?

Also... Do you know why you can't run the other packs or do you just not want to have certain extra mods?

haha, it certainly does.

well i can run them, but my computer was designed in the prehistoric ages and just can not hadle 51 mods at once lol.

so i wanted to just add a few basic mods (minimap, mo' creatures and better weapons) just to enhance vanilla a tiny bit.

but yeah, no matter what i try, no dice.

lol.

good luck with your problem, sorry i cant help you out too much there.