Connecting to my server

Hi. So I'm trying to set up a Tekkit server. Everything with the actual server has gone fine; it runs fine and I'm able to connect to it (it's in my computer) easily. However, when my brother tries to connect (he lives with me and uses the same router) he's completely unable- his client won't even show the server as available.

Although I have port forwarded, from my understanding it shouldn't be necessary as he's on the same network as I am. I've given him both my Ipv4 address and the address with the :25565 port added on to it. Neither have worked.

The part that is especially annoying is that I KNOW he's capable of connecting to a server on my computer, as he was able to connect to a vanilla MC server on my computer a few weeks ago.

So, what am I doing wrong?

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in.

EDIT: Yeah this is the wrong forum, sorry. I'd make another post in the actual help forum, but I don't want to be accused of double posting. Sorry :S

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in.

EDIT: Yeah this is the wrong forum, sorry. I'd make another post in the actual help forum, but I don't want to be accused of double posting. Sorry :S

See, what you wanted to do here was ask, in this post, for the thread to be deleted, and go post in the right spot.

Oh, and you're going to need to be more specific about what you've tried, your network settings, and so on.