Java Direcory not Found?

TheReptilianGamer

Question

9 answers to this question

The part you want is the following:

I get an error that says "Can't find JAVA directory".

The cause and solution to this problem is the same as the problem directly above this one. You're most likely using the incorrect bit version of JAVA, or it isn't up to date. Find out if you need the 64 bit version of JAVA and then go to www.technicpack.net and use the JAVA download links.

Read further up the list for how to determine the bit version of your OS or JAVA.

It is the second to last paragraph. If you need help finding out if your OS is 32 or 64 bit then go here.

EDIT: Removed all the tags in the code block.

I KNOW mine is 32 by playing the normal minecraft. So i need he 64 bit? Could you link me to that? I just uninstalled Java 6.

Only install the 64 bit version of Java if your Operating System (hereafter referred to as OS), Windows 7 in your case, is a 64 bit version. Go here to download a new copy of Java. There is also a link to it on the launcher's download page.

In my last post, I gave you a link to a site that tells you how to find the OS version (the same link from the common problems thread). You want to reinstall the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).

If you find out that you have a 32 bit OS then download the "Windows x86" version (offline or inline, doesn't matter).

If you find out that you have a 64 bit OS then download the "Windows x64" version.

You can also find the answer to these and many other problems much faster with a simple search on a site like Google.