Screwed up mods/Launcher/and folder

Rylan Sparks

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Java Version: latest

Antivirus Program: MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, Windows Security Essentials

Description of Problem:

I have several issues with either the launcher or mods. When I try to load technic or tekkit, it just opens minecraft 1.2.5, since apparently it runs on 1.2.5. My "Select Mods" button is also shaded/greyed out so I cant use that. I was wondering if there is any way to COMPLETELY remove both the Technic Launcher, and all the mods off of my computer so that it is back to the way it was when I FIRST downloaded the launcher? Also, I have nothing in my .techniclauncher folder other than technic-launcher.jar. I have no logs or mods in there, but it was working fine yesterday. I don't know why nothing is in there, but this is VERY urgent!

Error Messages:

Folder contains none

Error Log:

Folder contains none

We can try, so lets recap what is the issue currently? Is the . techniclauncher folder empty? Can you launch the launcher/mod packs? Do you get any errors?

EDIT: Off-topic, I always had trouble picking my avatar until Valkon made me this one.

I will try to do what Torezu said and search other user files, but in answer to your questions:

• The .techniclauncher folder only contains the technic-launcher.jar file, and always has.
  • Yes, I can launch the launcher, but only as administrator.
  • When I try to load up a mod pack, it just opens vanilla/unmodded 1.2.5 or 1.3 depending on whether I try to run Tekkit or Technic.
  • I currently do not get any errors, but it used to crash and say something about the mods being pre-loaded. I deleted the .techniclauncher folder and thats when I believe it started. facebook_smiley.gif

If your user's .techniclauncher folder is empty, and always has been, some other user's .techniclauncher folder has your Technic files in it. Go find those.

I checked, and nothing. But I was in my C drive, so wouldnt it be there no matter what? I've already searched my whole hard drive.

I checked, and nothing. But I was in my C drive, so wouldnt it be there no matter what? I've already searched my whole hard drive.

Are you looking for hidden files? If you can run the mod packs, the files must be there. Open Windows Explorer/My Computer, push Alt if the menu bar isn't there, go to Tools > Options, click the View tab, change the radio button (5 or 6 items down on the list) to Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives. Then go to C:\Users in the same My Computer window and see if there's anything new there, like Default.

Are you looking for hidden files? If you can run the mod packs, the files must be there. Open Windows Explorer/My Computer, push Alt if the menu bar isn't there, go to Tools > Options, click the View tab, change the radio button (5 or 6 items down on the list) to Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives. Then go to C:\Users in the same My Computer window and see if there's anything new there, like Default.

Found It!!! THANK YOU!!

Hey torezu I need ur help. When I open my launcher and put in my details i hit login but it says Failed to authenticate account with minecraft.net. what's going on? I have a premium account and all and im using the launcher downloaded from technicpack.net (not cracked). also my lastlogin file is completely empty! i tried deleting it but all that happened was the logo splash screen froze (same happens when i try to redownload it!) i can't even play off-line mode. (i still would like to play online though ;) ) please help me!

Hey torezu I need ur help. When I open my launcher and put in my details i hit login but it says Failed to authenticate account with minecraft.net. what's going on? I have a premium account and all and im using the launcher downloaded from technicpack.net (not cracked). also my lastlogin file is completely empty! i tried deleting it but all that happened was the logo splash screen froze (same happens when i try to redownload it!) i can't even play off-line mode. (i still would like to play online though ;) ) please help me!

Get your own thread. Thread Jacker

Your issue is that you didn't post in the correct bug report format (See the OP) and you tried to threadjack a topic about something completely different.

Im having the same problem but my .techniclauncher folder is compleatly empty and when i launch it it says unable to download launcher please check your internet connection

I am having the same problem... BUT

See that word right there? Ya that is your issue. Also, might want to check the date of the thread friend.