Unbearable Tekkit lag.

Kazhang

Ok, I've posted here before but my issue was not solved.

Background, I'm playing Technic launcher, playing a Tekkit server.

My FPS playing core minecraft is around 120-150 (Using fancy/far render), my FPS playing tekkit, varies from 10-20. At first, I thought it was because I was hosting the server, we changed that over, no change to my FPS.

My settings are all at minimum, so in Minecraft (Vanilla) I have near 200FPS, but still 10-20 on Tekkit.

I have Java 7, updated, I've allocated 6gb of ram, 256mb of ram and everything inbetween to Tekkit, no difference. I'm lost on what I can do to fix my FPS... It's hard to play at 11 FPS, it really is... any idea's welcome, any thoughts welcome... any questions, I'll try to respond.

Obviously getting rid of mods is a little difficult since it's a server... can't really do that. As far as I'm aware, EE is on the server, but you crash anytime you try to make anything from it (It was deleted from the server folder, in the mods folder, EE was deleted) but the other person (in my apartment with me) who plays has no lag even though her launcher has EE and so does mine, even though the server doesn't.

I'm playing with a custom build right now, so I can't say for sure; but do you have Optifine installed? If you don't, get it, it improves very well your performance. Next, could you give the specs of your computer, more specifically, is it a laptop? I also want the total RAM, the video card and the processor. It's possible that Technic is using your integrated graphics instead of your video card.

I'm playing with a custom build right now, so I can't say for sure; but do you have Optifine installed? If you don't, get it, it improves very well your performance. Next, could you give the specs of your computer, more specifically, is it a laptop? I also want the total RAM, the video card and the processor. It's possible that Technic is using your integrated graphics instead of your video card.

Says I have Optifine 1.2.5HD (Came with Tekkit I guess) Samsung Laptop, 8gb of ram. Intel i7-2630 Nvidia GeForce GT 540M.

Only problem I can see is maybe the mobile video card. have you tried updating the driver?

Yeah, no updates for it. I've had this issue for a long time too... Only with outside launchers (Technic, Magic Launcher)

Just ran a check...9 out of date drivers, none of those being graphic/video cards... just my mouse/usb/sound driver...

Nvidia GeForce GT 540M.

Sidebar, mentioned just a few times on this board, but may be hard to find with the search bar. NVidia cards don't deem Java a worthwhile application for their mighty video cards to accelerate by default. Do this: NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D settings > Program Settings tab > select Java.exe under the first drop-down, select the High-performance NVIDIA processor under the 2nd. Ta da!

• 3 months later...