Can't allocated more than 1 g of ram to Tekkit server...

When I try to allocate 2 gigs of ram to my Tekkit server, its says this error:

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Could not creat the java virtual machine.

Press any key to continue...

When I did my orginal minecraft server, I never had this issue, it runs decent on 1g or 1024M when I set it in

the lanch file.

I have no idea if this have to do with java, or somthing else. Please help? and also,

my computer has 16 gigs of ram and a proccesor speed of 3.10 ghz, so I don't think its a hardware lack. :P

Thanks, Battle8111

So, you wouldn't mind posting the contents of your server's launch.bat file and the relevant (Java) portion of your system path variable? Just to be sure?

I would expect the launch.bat to work if you used 1536MB as a starting and max amount, but not, say, 1700 or 1800. That's just how 32-bit Java rolls.

So, you wouldn't mind posting the contents of your server's launch.bat file and the relevant (Java) portion of your system path variable? Just to be sure?

I would expect the launch.bat to work if you used 1536MB as a starting and max amount, but not, say, 1700 or 1800. That's just how 32-bit Java rolls.

Ah, I see. Ow, ok. I see what you mean(derp) heres bat:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx3g -Xms2G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

pause

This currently works for the server, its improved game play on server and increase view distance time to load. :D