Massive FPS Drop With Tekkit... Solved :D

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Question

Launcher/pack Version: 2.0

Operating System: Windows 7 64bit

Version of Java: 7

Description of Problem: So when I run Regular MC with IC2/BC the i get roughly 60fps, however when i run tekkit fps hovers around 15 but often drops to 5 and below, i am running an i7 with 8 gigs of ram, i have set my settings exactly how they are set to my regular minecraft, only thing different is im using the optifine Multiprocessor addon, is there a way i can do this with tekkit? if not what can i do basically tekkit is unplayable at this point

Error Messages: None

Link to pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/rNsUxgh3 . optifine log

20 answers to this question

Re: Massive Lag With Tekkit

Is it me, or does lag have nothing to do with fps....?

I always thought lag was connection based; response time etc. FPS is just how well your pc handles minecraft.

Your 8gb ram aren't gonna do any good (nor bad), simply because minecraft doesn't use over 500mb.

also i noticed with tekkit vanilla when i hit f3 it shows [0] root at 100% but with technic or tekkit my [0] root always shows 0% is this normal?

optifine disables the pie chart by default, you can enable it again in video settings> other: debug profiler

Is it me, or does lag have nothing to do with fps....?

I always thought lag was connection based; response time etc. FPS is just how well your pc handles minecraft.

Your 8gb ram aren't gonna do any good (nor bad), simply because minecraft doesn't use over 500mb.

According to the devs, putting it at 8 GB actually is really bad. I'm pretty sure one of them can/will/maybe elaborate about it more, as I don't know the specifics.

According to the devs, putting it at 8 GB actually is really bad. I'm pretty sure one of them can/will/maybe elaborate about it more, as I don't know the specifics.

i havent put it at 8 gigs i have gone from the default 1 gig to 1.5 gigs and 2 gigs and they all do the same thing

• Forum Administrators

Re: Massive FPS Drop With Tekkit... Updated with F3 Picture

Try a thing.

.techniclauncher/tekkit/config/IC2.cfg

Open that with your favorite text editor. Find the line "soundsEnabled=true" and change it to "soundsEnabled=false" and see if that improves things.

Try a thing.

.techniclauncher/tekkit/config/IC2.cfg

Open that with your favorite text editor. Find the line "soundsEnabled=true" and change it to "soundsEnabled=false" and see if that improves things.

No go UGH THIS IS ANGERING ME!!

Before you open a map, go into settings and put sound and music both at "OFF", might help.

• Forum Administrators

I don't give a shit if it pisses you off or not, you stay civil here. Watch yourself.

Re: Massive FPS Drop With Tekkit... Solved!! :D

I don't give a shit if it pisses you off or not, you stay civil here. Watch yourself.

civil? didnt realize i wasnt being civil "no go" is what we used to use when something didnt work when i worked at dell my appologies if it was misunderstood

Re: Massive FPS Drop With Tekkit... Solved!! :D

soo i had to go into my nvidia control panel and tell javaw to use the nvidia card instead of the crappy onboard intel so if anyone else has this issue try that :D thx everyone for the help now getting 60+ FPS

My god it actually worked, thanks :)!

Ok, I had exactly the same problem DrUnKeN_TiGeR had and did what you said about the sound. Now my game runs really smooth so does this mean I need a new sound card or what it is called?