I have tried a whole bunch of stuff people tell me to do, but it just won't work!

Jcbertho

Question

Launcher Version: Very latest redownloaded it today

Operating System: Windows XP 32 bit

Java Version: 7u5

Antivirus Program: Avast

Description of Problem:

I have tried and tried again to find out what to do, and when I find out, that doesn't work! I get this weird message asking me what to open the .jar with whenever I click on it. And I always get this Checking Launcher Version Message whenever I click on the .exe. I've looked it up, I've watched videos, i've probably downloaded every Java Version in existance but I still can't get this program working.

Error Messages:

Checking Launcher Version for .exe and I don't exactly know what to open .jar with. When I open it with Java Web Start Launcher it just shows a bunch of junk and says its missing the jnlp file

Error Log:

Looked everywhere, can't find it.

20 answers to this question

Okay. Do this:

1) Open Notepad.

2) Type in exactly the following, except maybe change the "technic-launcher" to whatever your .jar is called:

java -jar technic-launcher.jar

pause

3) Save As > start.bat, replacing start with whatever you feel like using, in the same directory as the launcher .jar.

Run the batch file. See what it tells you.

It says "Unable to access jarfile technic-launcher-latest.jar" (Thats what it's called) I named it start.bat and put it in Application Data, what did I do wrong?

Where is the technic-launcher-latest.jar is? If it is in the desktop, then put the start.bat in the desktop.

OK, I'll help out. (had this issue starting)

you have the .jar version, and you'll want that. Place it on your desktop for easy access.

right click it and select "open with..." --> "choose default program"

Then click browse and follow this> C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin

Then find java.exe and then select that and save.

Then double click the techniclauncher.jar and hopefully the game will run.