Technic stuck at opening

TheAcker

Question

Well Im back... Unfortunately... My problem is... Well kinda stupid... So here is what happened... I start my launcher and it loads up as usual... And then it gets stuck at: Downloading Launcher Asset: OpenSans+Cyt... (something... I cant make out what...) 0% and it doesnt move... So yea I wanna play so I could use some help...

14 answers to this question

Yea... No. The logs are gone... Sorry. Can you think of anything else?

I mean... Ill try to look for them somewhere else but dont get your hopes up

Yea nope... they are nowhere to be found

Edited by TheAcker
Had to add something

In that case I need a step by step (click by click) description from you what did you do and how did you download it.

Please provide some system specs also, what system are you using, what browser, where from did you download the launcher etc.

Are you running any antivirus/firewall software?

Ok... Here we go... I turned on the Technic launcher to play some CDC or Hexxit then I waited and after some time it didnt move I decided to kill it using Task Manager... And I tried again and again... Then I downloaded it from the Technic launcher site at http://www.technicpack.net/download and I tried again and it didnt work... Then I came here thats about it...

System specs:Windows 7 Professional SP1

Processor:Intel Core i3-2120 3.30Ghz

RAM:4 GB

64-bit OS

Browser:Google Chrome

Antivirus:ESET NOD32 Antivirus

Anything else?

Download the linux jar launcher version (yes, I know you are using windows, do it anyway) from http://launcher.technicpack.net/launcher4/328/TechnicLauncher.jar

Move it to the C:\  directory (root of drive C)

Hit WinKey + R on the keybaord, type cmd and hit Enter. In the commandline window that will open type java -jar C:\TechnicLauncher.jar and hit Enter

What do you see now? Screenshot would be nice.

Explanation:

When you installed the launcher on your system you probably chosen a non-default install location like D:\Program Files\Technic and that setting was saved to C:\Users\Username\AppData\.technic\settings.json

Now your D drive is inaccessible (device not ready error), I assumed you changed something in your system and the D drive became the cd/dvd-rom drive now but the launcher is still checking that D:\Program Files\Technic directory and it tries to write logs in there because the setting.json files tells it to.

After the file (C:\Users\Username\AppDara\.technic\settings.json) has been removed the launcher doesn't know anything so it'll ask about the install directory again (this time you can install it in the proper location)